Tomato Basil Sauce
March 29, 2017
What You’ll Need
1 can whole tomatoes (13.5oz)
15g fresh basil
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 Tb ketchup
salt & pepper
- Prepare “in the juicer” ingredients by chopping into 2 inch pieces.
- Extract ingredients from ① in your Hurom juicer.
- Combine extracted juice, pulp, and seasonings (bay leaf, dried thyme, dried oregano, and ketchup) in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce heat, and allow to simmer on for 25 – 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Extract with the control lever on “half-open.”
- For even finer pulp, use the Fine Strainer.