Already a big fan of making almond milk with your Hurom juicer? Just in time for the holiday cheer, we've brought you a Spiced Almond Milk recipe and an Almond Gingerbread Cookies recipe, using pulp from the almond milk! That's right. You can reuse the almond pulp to make this healthy and delicious treat that is both nutty and nice.
Go on and try these easy recipes to turn your everyday juicing into a fun holiday activity. No hour is wasted that is spent in the kitchen with your loved ones. Happy #HuromHolidays!
Part I. Spiced Almond Milk
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp nutmeg, plus additional for garnishing if desired.
- In a large bowl, soak almonds overnight in 3 cups of water. This makes the nuts softer for optimal juicing.
- Pour out the water and rinse the almonds. Pour 3 1/2 cups of fresh water into the bowl and add the dates.
- Turn on your slow juicer and use a ladle to transfer almonds and water (equal parts) into the juicer. Reserve almond pulp for baking.
- When finished, whisk in vanilla, salt, and spices.
- Serve chilled or warm, sprinkled with additional nutmeg
Part II. Almond Gingerbread Cookies
You will need:
- 2 sheets parchment paper for rolling out dough
- Cookie cutter
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups almond pulp (from Part I)
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, egg, and maple syrup, stirring vigorously until fully combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add the butter mixture and mix until dough forms.
- Flatten the dough into a large disc and wrap in plastic wrap or a freezer bag. Freeze dough for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of parchment paper to an even thickness, approximately ¼”
- Remove top piece of parchment and flip to remove bottom piece of parchment. Cut out cookies and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze cut cookies for 30 minutes (this helps to maintain their shape while baking)
- Bake cookies at 350o F for 10 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 170o F and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Cool fully before decorating with royal icing.
Save on Your Purchase and Get Recipe Ideas
Not in the market to buy a slow juicer right now? No worries. Sign up for our email list and be on the lookout for discounts and special sales of our juicers. Plus, we’ll send you special recipe ideas and other goodies like a guides to healthy eating and tips on how you can get the most out of a Hurom juicer.