What You’ll Need
1 medium apple (peeled, seeds removed)
1 medium carrot
110ml juice, 60g pulp
60g brown sugar
60g butter (room temperature)
1 egg (room temperature)
3g baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon powder
1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare apple and carrot by peeling then chopping into 2 inch pieces. Extract with your Hurom juicer, and set aside 110ml juice and 60g pulp.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, combine butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Add egg, juice & pulp from ①, and cinnamon powder, and blend by hand. Slowly add in ② and completely mix together with a large wooden spoon.
- Place liners in muffin pan, and fill each about 1/8 from the top. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes at 350° F. Poke the middle of one with a toothpick to see if it is fully cooked.
- You can make scones with this recipe by adding more flour.