Hydrate your body inside out by drinking the juice and using the juice pulp as an all-natural facial mask. Using fruit or veggie pulp to nourish your skin is the perfect DIY way treat your body like a temple. Making zero waste has never felt so good!
The best part about this is that you can be mindful of what goes on to your skin. Based on your skin condition, you can tailor the ingredients to address your needs. Many skincare brands and dermatologists have identified below as effective ingredients for your skin:
- Lemon - brightens, exfoliates, balances oil production (which helps with acne)
- Tomato - hydrates, repairs skin cells
- Strawberry - helps with anti-aging, removes dead skin cells
- Cucumber - soothing and incredibly hydrating (recommended for inflamed skin)
- Kale - helps with skin cell turnover, fades spots
Keep in mind that you may have allergic reaction to food ingredients on your skin, so always test it out on the inner side of your wrist before you apply it on your face.
Once you know what you want on your skin, follow these easy instructions on how to make the facial mask.
- Juice the ingredients and set aside juice (enjoy it while you have the mask on!)
- For one-time usage, mix 1/4 cup of pulp, 1/4 cup of oil (olive oil or coconut oil works well), and 3 teaspoons of honey.
- Once the mixture is consistent, apply it on your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask with warm water and follow your usual skincare regimen. If you used ingredients with exfoliating properties, apply sunscreen before you go out.
- You can save the remaining pulp in the freezer, and use it again to make the facial mask. We recommend using all of the pulp within 2-3 days for maximum nutrients.
Congratulations — you just saved yourself a day spa appointment and did our planet a favor by keeping the juice pulp out of the landfill!
To learn more about how to reuse juice pulp and make zero waste, check out our other guides below.
Save on Your Purchase and Get Recipe Ideas
Not in the market to buy a slow juicer right now? No worries. Sign up for our email list and be on the lookout for discounts and special sales of our juicers. Plus, we’ll send you special recipe ideas and other goodies like a guides to healthy eating and tips on how you can get the most out of a Hurom juicer.