Making tofu at home may seem daunting at first, but the process is easier than you think especially with your Hurom juicer. Follow these easy steps to make all-natural and healthy tofu at the comfort of your home!
- Soy beans - 300g
- Coagulant / Traditional natural bittern - 1 Tablespoon
Tip: Natural bittern has different concentration depending on the manufacturer. If you would like to use protein coagulant instead of bittern, mix it with 200mL of water, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Soak beans in bowl of water for about a day. Allow the ingredients to soak until they appear 2-3 times larger than before.
- Put together Hurom juicer’s topset with a fine strainer. Close the juice cap, and close the pulp control lever.
- To extract, add soaked beans and filtered water at 1:1 ratio. Add all ingredients to the juicer and extract.
- For additional taste, you may add chopped vegetable of your choice (e.g. carrot, spinach) and add to the juicer in step (3).
- When adding the last scoop of ingredients, half-open the control lever to release the compressed pulp.
- In a boiling pan (or sauce pan), pour out the “juice” (or extracted beans) and boil with medium heat. Stir to prevent burning.
- When the content of (6) boils up, turn off the heat. Slowly add bittern to the pot as you continue to stir.
- Pour tofu into Hurom’s tofu press. Compress to remove liquids and form a hard shape.
Save on Your Purchase and Get Recipe Ideas
Not in the market to buy a slow juicer right now? No worries. Sign up for our email list and be on the lookout for discounts and special sales of our juicers. Plus, we’ll send you special recipe ideas and other goodies like a guides to healthy eating and tips on how you can get the most out of a Hurom juicer.